Monday, April 29, 2013

All Things New




A Moment's Notice: 

Striving for Awareness of Each Moment, 

Reflecting on Events of the Moment

Our church’s worship leader and his family said farewell to our congregation Sunday.  He’s moving on from his unpaid position at our church to follow his long-held dream of becoming a minister: this week he starts serving his new church family as a youth pastor.

Dreams don’t come cheap or easy.  The security and benefits of a full-time job were set aside, and the family will have to enter a new circle of fellowship.  Still, this couple and their children seem eager to start this adventure, confident that they’re following a path illuminated by their Lord.


The title for this entry is taken from the sermon our now former worship leader delivered yesterday.  The phrase comes from Revelation 21:5:  “Behold, I am making all things new.”  The Bible passage describes Christ’s return and the creation of a new heaven and a new earth.  But if Jesus exists inside and outside of time, the same yesterday, today, and forever, can He make things new now?  


I think so.  The real question is, am I willing to be remade?  This blog is my modest effort at a new thing, but it can only be a good thing, a true thing, a thing that rises above my limitations if I remain open to following the One Who knows me best.

I hope I never become too old to become new.


No comments:

Post a Comment